Denali Kayak Tours - 1/2 Day
Denali Southside River Guides offers fully-guided raft and kayak tours in Denali State Park for those who want to explore Alaska’s rivers and backcountry without crowds of people. Scenic wildlife viewing floats are available and all gear is provided. Each of our trips make every moment of Alaska’s long summer days memorable. We strive to provide flexibility in trip departure times whenever possible, in order to accommodate the needs of travelers.
Come see the beauty of Byers Lake in Denali State Park as you glide through tranquil waters on single or tandem sit-on-top kayaks. Start your tour with brief and easy paddle instructions then embark for one of the most beautiful experiences in Alaska.
Watch for resident trumpeter swans, loons and beavers. Paddle over pools of spawning salmon. Look for the bears and eagles that come to feed on them. Take pictures of the breathtaking views of Denali and the Alaska Mountain Range. Don’t worry about your gear — we will provide you with rain pants and jackets, boots or crocs, and dry bags for cameras. These kayak tours are great for beginners or experienced paddlers with boats that are very stable and easy to maneuver.
- Trip duration: Plan for 2 1/2 to 3 hours total for your adventure. Time on the water is 1.5 to 2.5 hours with extra time for transportation, gear up and down.
- Kayak tours depart daily from
- Byers Lake Day Use Area at 9:15 am, 12:45 am, 4:15 pm.
- McKinley Princess Lodge at 9:00 am, 12:30 pm, 4:00 pm.
- Complimentary shuttle service is provided from the Mt. McKinley Princess Lodge for guests booked on this tour.